Trekking in New Zealand - simply magical!
Experience 'the finest walk in the world ~ Milford Trek
Retrace the steps of early explorers on the world-renowed Milford Trek
Milford Sound Picnic
One of dinner set menu
8 Days Ultimate Hike Milford Trek in New Zealand
Date: 28 Jan – 4 Feb, 20-27 Feb, 4-11 Mar, 8-15 Apr 2017
Or contact us to customise your date!
8 Days / 7 Nights
The Milford Track Guided Walk is a fantastic 5 days/4 night adventure, traversing the heart of Fiordland National Park on “ The finest walk in the world” from Lake Te Anau to Milford Sound.
Complimentary Auckland Airport Transit service for our guests, with check in service and guiding to Domestic Airport on foot (15 min light walk). During this time our guests will be given a light briefing on Milford Track and a few more tips to maximize one of the nicest track by our local rep.
During this promotion period, 1 bottle of wine will be given per 2 trekkers during airport meeting.
Day 1: Arrive Queenstown
Upon arrival Queenstown airport, take airport shuttle to hotel and free time. Trek briefing at local office to prepare you for the 5 days trek,
Day 2: Queenstown – Te Anau – Grade House
Day 3: Grade House – Pompolona Lodge
Day 4: Pompolona Lodge – Quintin Lodge
Day 5: Quintin Lodge – Mitre Peak Lodge
Day 6: Mitre Peak Lodge – Milford Sound Cruise – Queenstown
Day 7: Queenstown – Auckland Free day for own activities.
Day 8: Auckland depart
Milford Trek guided walk
8 DAYS/ 7 NIGHTS
South Island, Fiordland
Itinerary (Subject to changes) for Deluxe Option
Day 1: Arrive at Queenstown (Dinner)
Upon arrival at Queenstown Airport, a pre-arranged transportation and driver will meet and greet you at airport and transfer to hotel for check in. After free time, walk down the street for a briefing at our local office at 4:45pm. After briefing, walk to assigned restaurant for dinner (Chinese/ Korean BBQ/ Japanese Obento).
Lodging: Copthorne Lake front
Day 2: Queenstown to entrance of Milford, Grade House (1.6 km, 20 min) (Breakfast, boxed lunch, dinner)
After breakfast, store your baggage you don’t carry to trek and check out.
At 9:15am, move to the same place of briefing and meet your guides and double check all equipment. Board on the coach and move to Te Anau with boxed lunch. At Te Anau Downs, a boat will be waiting for you to cruise to start of Milford Track, Grade House jetty. The wharf (Jetty) is a short walk to historic Grade House, where you will be greeted with afternoon tea. After that, your guides will take you on a short nature walk to explore the surrounding area.
After first touch of nature, take hot shower before a well prepared 3 course dinner and friendly briefing session to know co-walkers better.
Lodging: Grade House
Day 3: Grande House to Pompolona Lodge ( 16 km, 5-7 hours) (Breakfast, boxed lunch, dinner)
After crossing the emerald green Clinton river, you walk up the valley to the Hirere Falls lunch shelter. The beach forest becomes more luxuriant the further you go, until it releases you onto the Prairie. From this meadow you can capture the true nature of the ice-carved Clinton Canyon. It’s a short climb to Pompolona Lodges from here.
Lodging: Pompolona Lodge
Day 4: Pompolona Lodge to Quintin Lodge (15 km, 6-8 hours) (Breakfast, boxed lunch, dinner)
This is the most demanding day, especially in inclement weather. The track leads to Lake Mintaro at the head of the Clinton Valley, before climbing the Mckinnon Pass in a series of zig-zags. Take your time and enjoy view. Tip on the way is to look back the way you walked up and its view, it’s normally people don’t realize how much beautiful track they have been through as like our own life.
Lodging: Quintin Lodge
Day 5: Quintin Lodge to Mitre Peak Lodge (21 km, 6-7 hours) (Breakfast, boxed lunch, dinner)
Your final day on the track. You will walk down the Arthur Valley to the historic Boatshed. After a short break, you will continue on past McKay Falls and Bell Rock and on to the lunch spot at Giant’s Gate waterfall. The final stretch of the track follows tranquil Lake Ada to Sandfly Point. You can see why this track is such famous track in the world. You may like to walk alone looking back all the track in the past and people, family and life. This 1-2 hours last track route is the most famous track from many trekkers in the past. Remember to take a photo in front of Sandfly Point sign board by yourself or by someone of your member.
From here, it is a short boat trip to renowned Mitre Peak Lodge at Milford Sound. The fiord often referred to as the eighth wonder of the world. Such a memorable long journey will end at the lodge followed by celebration party.
Lodging: Mitre Peak Lodge
Day 6: Mitre Peak Lodge ( Milford Sound to Queenstown) (No Walk ) (Breakfast, boxed lunch, dinner)
Wake to the tranquility of Fiordland and after breakfast, experience a magical cruise on Milford Sound. Watch for dolphins and fur seals, pray for rain as you have only seen Fiordland at it’s most incredible when the waterfalls are in full flow. After cruise, move back to Queenstown where you started with dream and expectation and excitement.
Check in the accommodation for some sweet rest before moving on foot to restaurant for dinner (Chinese/ Korean BBQ)
Lodging: Copthorne Lake front or similar
Day 7: Queenstown to Auckland (Breakfast, XXX, dinner)
After breakfast, enjoy your free time in adventure town, Queenstown. You can see or do all sorts of adventurous activities around Queenstown (optional):
- World first commercial Bungy Jump at Kawarau Bridge
- Shotover Jet Boat
- 100 years old TSS Earnslaw Steam Cruise
- Sky Diving
- Mt Bike
- Helicopter riding with snow landing
- Skyline lunch
- Water Peak Farm & BBQ with Cruise
- 1 more night : Day Walk @ Routburn Guided Day Walks
Depending on your flight, a pre-arranged transportation will pick you up and transfer to airport for your fly up to North Island to be ready to go home. Upon arrival at Auckland Airport, a pre-arranged transportation & driver will wait for you to take you to hotel. After some rest, go to pre-arranged dinner (Chinese/ Korean BBQ/ Japanese Obento) for the last night in City of Sail.
Lodging: Auckland city Hotel
Day 8: Depart (Breakfast)
After breakfast in hotel, transfer to airport by pre-arranged transportation.
Should you have a free day or more, there is plenty to see and do in Auckland city.
Auckland is New Zealand’s largest and most cosmopolitan, and is situated on a narrow isthmus between two beautiful harbours, the Manukau on the Tasman Sea, and the Waitemata on the Pacific Ocean. There are ferries to historic Devonport, or a little further afield to beautiful Waiheke Island, for those who would like a relaxing scenic day-trip.
Optional activities in Auckland:
- Waiheke Island Ferry and self Tour
- Bungy Jump
- 1/2 Day afternoon City Tour
- Sky Diving
- Harbour Cruise
- Day Trekking at Hillary Trail (You will need additional 1 more night)
8 Days Ultimate Hike Milford Trek in New Zealand
LAND Cost per person in SGD (Tour Code: NZ-UHMT-08)
|Valid till 30 Mar 2017||1 Pax||2-3 Pax||4-6 Pax||7-9 Pax|
|Basic Tour fee/pax||DELUXE||3678||3598||3558||3538|
|STD-but only BB||3198||3128||3088||3068|
|Arrival NZ date base||STD-Bed only Motel||3018||2908||2878||2868|
- Price is subject to changes without prior notice.
- Single room in Hotel at Queenstown and Auckland ONLY: add S$ 480 (Deluxe)/ S$ 360 (Standard/Motel) per person
- Triple sharing in Hotel at Queenstown and Auckland ONLY: less S$ 10 (Deluxe)/ S$ 28 (Standard/Motel) per person
- For Single room in lodge (private bathroom) during trek: add S$ 1068 per person
- Private twin/queen room (private bathroom) during trek: add S$ 498 per person
- Child rate: less S$ 618 per child
- Off-peak period (31 Mar-17 Apr 2017): less S$ 180 (adult)/ less S$ 750 (child)
- Queenstown Skyline Dinner Upgrade: S$ 85 per pax
- Complimentary Auckland airport meeting & transit assistant on Day 1 is available for group of 9 pax or more. 8 or less would have extra charge: S$ 195 per group
- Short City Tour in Auckland on the way to airport from Hotel: S$ 355 per group
- Surcharge for Christmas/ New Year (20 Dec 16 to 10 Jan 2017), Chinese New Year (18 Jan-20 Feb 2017) per room in Queenstown and Auckland: S$ 95 per room
- Child refers to 10-15 years inclusive. Children under 10 years old are not allowed in this guided trek.
- Return airport transfers and all other transfers during the whole tour
- 2 nights hotel/motel as per choice in Queenstown, 1 night hotel/motel as per choice in Auckland, 4 nights trek accommodation in lodge (4-6 pax share with shared bathroom)
- Milford Sound Cruise
- All meals as per itinerary with snacks during trek
- Rental of backpack and rain jacket
- Local expert guide during the 5 days trek
- Briefing prior departure
Price does not include:
- Travel insurance
- Air tickets + taxes
- New Zealand Visa (if applicable)
- Meals not mentioned
- Optional tours
- Personal gears and expenses
- All expenses due to medical evacuation
A deposit of $3000 per person is required upon confirmation and balance to be paid 30 days prior departure.
Cancellation & Refund
All cancellations must be made in writing and sent to email@example.com
Cancellation fees for our Milford Trek is charged on the following basis per person:
- 90 or more days from date of departure: S$ 200 per person;
- Between 89-60 days from date of departure: S$ 300 per person;
- Between 59-21 days from date of departure: S$ 1350 per person;
- Between 14-20 days of date of departure: S$ 2700 per person;
- Between 4-13 days of date of departure: S$ 2800 per person;
Queenstown & Auckland
Deluxe :4-5 Star
Standard : 3-3.5 star : Includes Airport Transfers, Accommodations, some dinner meals
STD (Standard) BB base : Includes Airport transfers, Accommodations BB base
Motel base : Only airport transfer and Motel accommodations with kitchen facilities.
Lodges during trek
Enjoy your walk without sacrificing comfort. Lodges have been designed and purpose built with everything, total comfort in the last place you would expect it.
Accommodation options on the Milford Track include:
- MULTISHARE: 4-6 people in bunkstyle rooms with shared bathroom facilities
- PRIVATE QUEEN: 1-2 people in a private room with queen bed and private ensuite bathroom
- PRIVATE TWIN: 1-2 people in a private room with two single beds and private ensuite bathroom
Facilities in our Milford Track wilderness lodges include:
- Comfortable beds with duvets and pillows
- Hot water showers
- Shampoo, conditioner and hair dryers
- Flushing toilets
- Generated electricity until 10pm
- Fabric powder and facilities for hand-washing
- Drying rooms
- Full kitchen and lodge staff
- Selection of New Zealand wines, beers and soft drinks for purchase
Enjoy excellent Kiwi cuisine
After an invigorating day on the Milford Track you will have worked up an appetite. Our lodges have full kitchens and our staff have been working to make sure your time inside on the Milford Track is as memorable as your time outside.
Enjoy a snack and cold drink when you arrive at the lodge. A three course dinner follows: hearty homemade soup; a traditional New Zealand main; fresh garden salad followed by dessert, tea and coffee. A selection of New Zealand wine, beer and soft drinks are available for purchase from our bars throughout your evening.
A hot cuppa will be ready and waiting for early risers and breakfast offers a selection of fruit and cereal or a full cooked breakfast of bacon and eggs. Your guides will lay everything out for you to make your own picnic lunch on the way out: a delicious sandwich and your choice of fruit and energy snacks to keep you going through the day. Lunch is on route, but a hot drink will be waiting for you when you stop.
Dip your toes in the crystal clear stream that runs in front on the lodge then spend some time looking through the Glade museum.
After a short climb you’ll enter deep into the forest to find Pompolona Lodge where a hot cuppa and afternoon tea awaits.
After crossing Mackinnon Pass enjoy afternoon tea at Quintin Lodge before walking up to the spectacular Sutherland Falls.
Mitre Peak Lodge
The view from Mitre Peak Lodge will take your breath away – the magnificent Mitre Peak flanked by Milford Sound.